Students will become a part of the daily life of the padres, soldiers, and Chumash neophytes who lived and worked in our own Mission San Buenaventura. The two hour program include:
- why the Spanish came to CA and a balanced viewof how mission life dramatically affected the native poplulation
- each student will play the role of a Chumash neophyte
- activities include weaving, carding, mission food, and musical bells
1. Cost is $8 per student - will need to pay 2 weeks in advance. I will PM for more info.
2. Open ONLY to 3rd-6th graders
3. This is not an ACHEV event. We need a minimum of 30 students. As of right now I have spots open for 19 kids.
Text Darlene Webb for more information: 805-366-5686